Banner

Sunday, November 11, 2007

A true business man

Okay, so walking out of CVS today I was witness to a kind of funny and slightly disturbing conversation a man was having on his cell phone in the parking lot. He was so loud I couldn't not help but listen. At first I thought he was talking to a business associate, but soon realized, oh no, it was his girlfriend.

It went something like this when I figured out it was his lady friend:

"Now, see here I make half a million dollars every year at the very least. That is what I bring to the table. All you bring is good looks, and the fact of the matter is that no matter what, that is a depriciating asset. Every day you get older and eventually won't look so good. Any then what? What do you have? Absolutely nothing. Now me, I have half a million dollars and by investing it is constantly appreciating and making money. Now, tell me why would I want to compromise a profit? If it were a business deal it wouldn't make sense, so we don't make sense."

Wow. Harsh. I'm glad I'm not his girlfriend. He did have a nice car though...

No comments: