Banner

Monday, July 28, 2008

Making those cupcake cones

Sarah over at Fiddledeedee! asked about the birthday cupcake cones.

Here's what I did:

Buy 2 packs of regular sized cake cones
1 thing of frosting
sprinkles
Box of cake mix

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Make packaged cake mix as directed. Place each cone in a muffin holder (so they don't fall over as easy. Fill about 2/3 full (to just about the start of the large spread part). Bake in oven about 12-15 minutes or until stick inserted in center comes out clean.

That's my version. I saw another version at Betty Crocker that seemed kinda cool. You can see the recipe here, although it is way more work.

I made the holder out of a box and glued wrapping paper to it. For the holes I just traced around an extra cone and then cut out with a knife. Scissors were too bulky.

And there you have it!

No comments: