Banner

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pride and Predjudice



Well, rented the A&E version of Pride and Predjudice. It has been forever since I watched it, and it was a wonderful choice this Valentine's week. I love old novels in general, and this version brought the book to life. Colin Firth will always be THE Mr. Darcy (and quite handsome). I just love how the characters never touch each other, never (well almost never) say 'I love you' and yet convey such romantic and sensuous feelings and desires by a look or by NOT saying anything.

I also love the time the novel was set. Back in a time when we did not move at a second by second pace, doing a million things at once. People had manners and wrote letters and read books. Well, okay, the rich did, but you know what I mean. I would love to live in a Jane Austen book.

In real life world:



Little weekend away went well except for the car breaking down. That always sucks, but the beach was so lovely! I am always happiest sitting in the sand, listening to the waves wrap their arms around the sand.



BabyK is growing up as usual. His new thing is sticking his hands in his pockets. Apparently the other night he was walking around with his hands in his pockets and lost his balance and fell down. Yet, he would not take his hands out of his pockets to push himself up so there he was flailing about trying to get up because he refused to take his hands out. It was pretty darn funny.

1 comment:

sunshine3080 said...

I can't wait til the weather warms up to make weekend beach trips a reality for me! Hope your weekend was fun and your car is OK - we've had little repairs to make in our household, too. Yuck!