Banner

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another day in the neighborhood

This week has been not bad, not good. Just disappointing. Like I thought it was going to be just fabulous and then things haven't gone as planned in a million ways, so it leaves me just 'blah' like at Christmas time when you get a present as a kid and you just KNOW it is going to be the oh so cool toy you wanted when you open it and all it is is some stupid underwear with winnie the pooh on it that your mom still seems to think you would like even though you are twelve. It's not horribly bad, it's just a big let down from what you were expecting...well unless she actually makes you wear them.

However, leave it to BabyK to brighten my day. He can always make me happy. Today when I dropped him off to daycare he turns around and says "bye mommy love you!" Ah, that melts my heart. So tonight I took him to the park and he played so hard. Then we went for a walk because Riley (doggie) needed some exercise too. I decided to be bold and go on an actual walk - no stroller, no wagon, no push along trike, just pure walking. What was I thinking? Apparently I wasn't. BabyK didn't want to hold my hand, so I had him "walk" Riley so he was always on the leash, but I had a hold of his shirt ever so slightly so he couldn't get away. Of course he got tired of walking, so I had to hold Riley while carrying BabyK and then of course my phone rang...I am sure I was quite a site!

And to remind me that it's life's lemons that make lemonade...

Carl Jung:

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.

No comments: