Banner

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Adventures in Grocery Shopping

So yesterday after work I picked up BabyK and he was demanding a glass of milk, and he wanted it NOW! Well, we ran out of milk that morning so it was a trip to the grocery store.

When we arrived we were walking in and BabyK already seemed to know what was coming. He started pulling back, grabbing onto the asphalt and screaming, "no mommy! No go in the cart!"

Great.

However, it was just about that time he spied something new. A curious thing it was...a shopping cart that looked like a car! Of course he demanded he sit in it. Silly me though caving in would make the trip easier. Silly me.

First of all, those car grocery carts are huge! They are like twice the length of a regular cart and I had to push all of my weight against it to move. The one we picked out had a lovely screeching sound every single time it moved. And agility? Hahahah. I think I knocked more stuff off of the shelves than BabyK did. I was almost as frustrated as my kid by the end trying to move it, yet still stay out of the way and not run people over. I think next time we'll stick with the regular cart. Oh, but shopping was great yesterday! I saved a ton on groceries with coupons and sales.

Tonight we went a little more fun since it is my birthday week! Yes, I celebrate it all week...or at least that is my excuse. We rode the bike over to McDonalds to get an ice cream cone. (Love those makers of the ibert kid seat!)I knew BabyK would love eating his cone all by himself like a big boy so we were sure to sit outside. Ice cream was everywhere, but it was so cute! All the excitement must have worn him out because he went right to bed tonight. I just wish I would have brought my camera.

No comments: