Banner

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spi-man Shoes!

It truly amazes me how little kids have such a high threshold for pain. I get a paper cut and I whine and want the whole world to throw a pitty party for me. BabyK is constantly hitting his head, falling down, bumping into things. He just dusts off and keeps on playing. So, needless to say I was a bit worried when yesterday I noticed his hand was all red and had tiny blisters all over it. My first thought was he somehow had boiling water spilled on him, but then I realized, he wasn't around any boiling water. I asked the teacher and it turns out he has taken to shoving his hand in fire ant hills. He LAUGHS when they crawl all over him and bite him. Kids are so weird.

We took another trip to Wal-Mart tonight. WM is one of those stores I HATE because they are everywhere, yet I LOVE that they are everywhere. At some point I have to go there, and with the poopy economy right now, gotta save every penny you can. That said, I prefer to shop at local stores when I can. I got BabyK a new pair of slippers since he outgrew his Thomas the Tank Engine ones. He got Spiderman Slippers. Oh, how cool are we. He demanded to put them on immediately and has been wearing them since. We took a walk around the neighborhood and he proudly told every person, fence post and dog we passed that he had 'spi-man shoes!'

Now see, I make fun of these shoes, but I remember back in the day how awesome a cool pair of shoes were...what am I saying, I still loves shoes! However, when I was somewhere around the age of five I got these purple sneakers that had white laces and happy bear from the Care-Bears on the side. The orangish rubber soles were the kind that went up the back and front just a bit to lessen scuffing. Man, I LOVED those shoes! Back then and to this day I have this recurring dream about when I went to the shoe store as a kid and got those shoes. Of course in the dream my sister is eaten by a lion, but hey, that's another story...

No comments: