Banner

Sunday, September 7, 2008

fleece pants + coffee + coupons = love



I look forward to each Sunday. I wake up in the morning in my Christmas themed Old Navy Fleece pants (no, it does not matter if it is 90 degrees outside. This is my weekly uniform) and go outside to retrieve the wonderful thing called the Sunday paper. Within its sheets it holds ad after ad and, if I'm lucky, as least a couple of coupon inserts. P&G, Red Plum, Super Saver; they all get the frugal shopper in me excited! I come back inside and start my pot of coffee. While my drink of choice is brewing I scan the paper, setting aside inserts I want to read. When my coffee is done I make a nice big cup and sit on the floor and sip, cut coupon. Sit, cut coupon. Until all the coupons are done. I cut each on exactly around the edge. No ripping or haphazard cutting here! Something about a perfectly cut coupon looking pretty sitting in my pink coupon organizer makes me happy. Depending upon how much time I have and how cooperative BabyK is, I either go through the old coupons right then to organize, or wait until the next day when I have more time. Sometimes BabyK gets in on the action, helping me sort coupons. At the age of 2, "coupon" has been in his vocabulary for quite some time now. Following this I then make my plan of action. Sometimes, if I am lucky, my friends and family send me their coupons. I love coupon day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kids experience the same thrill as you do. I've let them clip coupons for me every Sunday, and they enjoy it as though it was play time!