Banner

Monday, May 12, 2008

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Seriously, is mother nature mad at us? It seems every time I turn on the tv something else has blown away, washed away, or caved in. I feel so bad for everyone. Does this mean bad hurricanes for us this year? Or are we getting a good season because everyone else is getting poopy weather? So many questions.

Mother's Day was lovely. We made some apple cinnamon pancakes and some eggs and toast and after went for a bike ride. I don't know what I was thinking. Not only do I live at the top of a hill and I am carrying 30 extra pounds because of BabyK, it was super windy out. I had to walk up the last hill again with BabyK shouting at me, "Mommy! Mommy sit down! (as he hit the bike seat) Go faster!" Do you think he likes it? We also raked the yard and then BabyK took me out to dinner at Burger King. Whoo hoo!

Speaking of the backyard, I had this grand idea to fix it up and make it look pretty in time for BabyK's birthday in June. Good plan, right? Well, problem is is that it is just me fixing it up, I have a HUGE live oak in the back and well, no finances to do said project. I thought about doing a cheap retainer wall (http://www.ehow.com/how_2072583_quick-cheap-durable-retaining-walls.html), but when the guy wrote the story things were much cheaper apparently. So, I thought about growing some grass, but it is too shady for seed, and I'm not about to fork over $300 for sod for some place I rent. Any ideas out there in internet land? I know I have to level at least part of it off so I can sit some chairs out there. And it is really pretty, so it has great potential. Oh, and I want to fence it in to keep the kid and the dog in. That's not too much to ask, is it?

Anywho...

Still waiting for my spiffy new bike. I can't wait!!

No comments: