Banner

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The drug store game

Well, I finally finished painting my room! It looks great in all of its green glory. And all of it done with my super duper 2 inch brush that has painted these walls, a rocking horse, a table, two dressers and a book shelf. I think I've gotten my $2.99 out of it.

Other happenings...still getting the hang of the drug store game. I never get the super duper coupons that everyone talks about, but got 7 boxes of cereal for $3 and a pack of diapers for $2. Still trying to figure out how to get it to "I got $300 worth of stuff for 59 cents!" price range. Oh, and tonight at the grocery store the Bertoli dinners were on sale, plus I had $2.50 off coupons, brining it down to like $2/bag. I'll have that! I love that they are yummy and so easy to make. And anyone who knows me knows if it takes longer than five minutes to make it, I probably won't. We eat a lot of spaghetti.

BabyK's birthday party is coming up fast. I can't believe he'll be two already! Such a big big boy! We're having his party at a local park, so I have to figure out a menu that is easy, yummy and will hold up to the heat. I was thinking fruit, chips, drinks, pasta salad. I'll probably get a plastic bin to put ice in and set stuff like the past salad in it so it stays somewhat cold. Any suggestions from people out there in internet land? Instead of a cake I'm going to make ice cream cone cupcakes. Well, at least that's the plan. I'm making them a day ahead of time so if it doesn't work out I can just run to the store and buy a pre-made cake.

So anyways, send me those yummy summertime recipes!

No comments: