Banner

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Grand Ideas for five minutes

This weekend I had a flurry of energy so I put myself to work! Did I mow the grass? No. Did I put away the folded laundry that has been sitting in a laundry basket for a week now? No. See, those would all be sensible things. Instead at 9 on Saturday night I decided I would repaint my bedroom. Why you may ask? Well, to match the blanket I have been knitting for oh, six months now. I just decided I needed a change and I needed it NOW. Doesn't that make perfect sense?

So, at 9 I headed to Wal-mart where a very lovely Wal-mart employee helped me mix my paint. I went for "Dainty Green" with an accent wall of "blossom green." I so want to be the person who gets to name colors. I'd be good at it. Oh, and did I mention that I didn't want to waste money on a roller, so I have been painting huge walls with a 2 inch brush? A quick job, to be sure.

I also cleaned. I decided to finally wash the drapes by the dining room table that BabyK is always throwing his food on. I even used stain remover! Ambitious, I know. So, I washed them, dried them and hung them back up. They are now about six inches shorter. Apparently you should always check the tag to see if it states "dry clean only" before washing them. Hey, at least they are all clean now!

Well, the room is half painted at the moment and my desire for change has dropped to zero. Perhaps my batteries will recharge. In the meantime I shall enjoy my half green/half khaki walls and miniature drapes.

Now, back to Masterpiece Theatre. I LOVE Pride and Prejudice. This series is the entire reason I got started on a Colin Firth obsession.

No comments: