Banner

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yasai Ga Sukides

A few years ago my roommate at the time was taking Japanese. I asked her one day, "How do I say I am a vegetarian?" She said she didn't know, but to say "I like vegetables" was "Yasai Ga Sukides" (or however you actually spell it. I officially know one phrase in Japanese now. haha.

I was in cooking mode today. I tried another go at my new bento obsession. I was browsing all the stuff on ebay and it seemed REALLY expensive so I went to Michael's and found lots of the same stuff there for way cheaper. There are lots of things you can use in the cake decorating supplies, and to make the cute cut outs of nori just visit the scrapbooking section for a hole punch in cute shapes.

Before we could start cooking we had to go to the grocery store.





This was my first try at onirigi the other day. Not too shabby. The heart and round one are filled with fruit and the other two are filled with cucumber and carrots.



Some onirigi I made today. Two are just plain and the other two are filled with egg salad with paprika on top. Yeah, note to self, egg salad is not the yummiest filling...



My first official go at a bento box. On the left: Veggie sushi rolls stuffed with avacado, carrots and cucumber, carrot sticks, and picks filled with tomatoes, olives and cheese with a side of wasaibi. On the right, two onigiri filled with cucumber and carrots, two milky way bites, star shaped cucumber, carrots and cheese. As you can see, there was a star theme today.

No comments: